Ah Good ol’ Bastion Stair, how well I remember you. This warband enabled instance was great fun to run around in wiping everything in our path. At least until we got to the instance bosses anyway. I’ve returned a few times since R40, be it on my Engi, Slayer, or Archmage, and in a smaller group setting, it can be a frustrating wipe-fest. Instances in WAR always disturbed me by how incredibly powerful the random trash mobs were. What appears to be a R35 Champion (soloable by both my Slayer and AM in the wild), actually has the power level of a R45 Champion and the ability to reduce you to ribbons in a few swipes. I run small groups through BS irregularly, if only to take down Slaurith at least once, and achieved this on my Slayer. It felt… well… a little cheated. It shouldn’t have been that difficult where it comes down to 15 attempts, an assload of luck, and perhaps one of his abilities bugging out to get him down. We’re all very skilled RvR players, we do Crypts/Tunnels regularly, and a few in my guild are up for Lost Vale already.
Come to think of it, all the instance Champion mobs are ridiculously OP compared to their “in the wild” counterparts.
They DID fix Gunbad with the last patch cycle, so perhaps the rest will slowly make their way into circulation.
Regardless, this excites me a little bit, since I always did want to get my hands on that Bloodlord set. Perhaps, if they toned it down to the level Gunbad is at now, it will become more attainable. Next thing they need to do, is repairable set item drops so we don’t get into the Crypt/Tunnel cycle of getting drops for ANY CLASS THAT ISN’T THERE.
PvE is so stupid.
- Resolved an issue that was causing characters to drop out of combat animation when they moved.
- Groups will now be properly rewarded for successfully defending more than one instance invasion.
- The Fire Traps will now be more forgiving.
- Chamber of the Vulture Lord: King Amenemhetum will no longer reset in phase III.
- Hall of Awakening: High Priest Herakh will no longer enrage at the incorrect time.
- Sepulcher of Swords Public Quest: High Priest Herakh will now correctly reset after a party wipes regardless of whether players are using self-resurrection abilities.
- Distracting Bellow: The damage reduction debuff from this Morale Ability will no longer reduce outgoing damage against targets that are being guarded.
- Immaculate Defense: The incoming damage reduction self-buff from this Morale Ability will no longer stack with the damage reduction from Guard
- Burn Through: This tactic will no longer cause the damage from the Lingering Fires tactic to trigger on Pyroclastic Surge.
- Wild Choppin’: Fixed a bug that prevented this ability from doing damage to some of the targets.
- Khaine’s Blessing: The auto-attack speed increase will no longer stack with other auto-attack speed increases.
- Hand Crafted Scope: The auto-attack speed increase will no longer stack with other auto-attack speed increases.
- Terrible Embrace: This ability will now only check your target’s defense once and no longer checks the caster for defense chance.
- I’ll Take That: This ability will now properly heal the defensive target for 150% of the damage done.
- Push for More: The auto-attack speed increase will no longer stack with other auto-attack speed increases.
- Wind-Woven Shell: The damage reduction from this Morale Ability will no longer stack with “Guard”.
- Hastened Divinity: The auto-attack speed increase will no longer stack with other auto-attack speed increases.
- Fetch: This ability will now only check your target’s defense once and no longer check the caster for defense chance.
- Inquisitor’s Fury: The auto-attack speed buff will no longer stack with other auto-attack speed buffs.
- Faith is Madness: Knight Reinhard will no longer leave when players complete this quest, and he will now allow other players to speak with him.
- Pure Power: This Public Quest will no longer complete itself if left unattended.
- Many monsters throughout the Bastion Stair had higher-than-intended health and auto-attack damage values. These monsters have been adjusted to present a more appropriate level of challenge.• Azuk’Thul (Left wing, third PQ boss): This monster’s overall damage output has been reduced.
- Lord Slaurith (Right wing, instance boss): The cooldown and duration of Slaurith’s Bloodpulse ability have been increased, and the ability’s damage has been reduced. Also, the radius of the effect has been reduced to more closely match that of the power’s visual effect.
- Lord Slaurith (Right wing, instance boss): Removed Silence ability.
- Brass Skullhowler (Middle wing, third PQ, stage 5): Removed the Obliterate ability from this monster. Also, the Brass Skullhowler will no longer deal damage over time when carrying a skull.
- Kaarn the Vanquisher (Middle wing, instance boss): Kaarn’s enrage timer has been extended, his dual-wield auto-attack damage has been reduced, and his abilities and icons will now rotate through the fight as intended.
- Skull Lord Var’ithrok (Dungeon Boss): The damage-over-time of the Volatile Injection ability and the damage ticks from Bloodwrath have both been reduced.
- Renown merchant armor and weapons now have talisman slots. Please note: if you have purchased an item that did not have a talisman slot, you may need to zone or relog in order for the change to take effect.
- Potion of Tahoth: An issue was fixed that caused the free AP charge to last longer than intended.
- Flag Carrier’s Exhaustion will now be properly stripped once the flag carrier captures the flag.